Avid Group Publishing has a catalog of copyrights that includes songs recorded by such Country Legends as Johnny Paycheck, Charlie Pride and Carl Smith; Americana artists such as Jim Lauderdale; Legendary Gospel artists such as The Florida Boys and GRAMMY Winner Brad Davis (‘A Bluegrass Tribute To George Jones’ and ‘I Need Music’). The catalog contains 140 copyrights of songs written by singer/songwriter Country Johnny Mathis.
In 2013 Avid Group Publishing secured an administration deal with TuneCore’s creative department to place its copyrights in film and television productions such as the placement of ‘My Heart Is On The Paper’ in the 2015 documentary ‘Rolling Papers’. “My Heart Is On The Paper” is part of the re-mastered Country Johnny Mathis recordings from the 1960’s and early 70’s.
Avid Group Publishing began in 2002 in Nashville, TN as a joint venture with John Mathis and Brian Speer as part of the Avid Group, a consulting company. Mathis continued to manage and own the Avid Group Publishing/BMI catalog after 2004 til the present.
Avid Group Publishing continues to place copyrights across multiple genres of music such as Gospel, Bluegrass and Country along with placements in TV & Film.
In 2019, John also formed the John Mathis Music/ASCAP catalog.
Copyright Placement Highlights for Avid Group Publishing/BMI:
- Music City Records reissues ‘Country Charley Pride’ and ‘Pride of Country Music’ by Charley Pride containing “You Can Tell The World” and “If You Should Come Back Today” (Writer: ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis / Avid Group Publishing/BMI)
- “My Heart Is On The Paper” by ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis in the documentary ‘Rolling Papers’ (Avid Group Publishing/BMI)
- “Make Me On More Memory” by Brad Davis released on ‘A Bluegrass Tribute To George Jones’ (Writer: ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis / Avid Group Publishing/BMI)
- Jim Lauderdale covers “I Want You To Know” (Country Johnny Mathis – Avid Group Publishing) on the Touch My Heart – Tribute To Johnny Paycheck album.
- “Black Sheep” by Brad Davis charted on The Singing News Bluegrass Gospel Top 10 Chart. (Writer: ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis / Avid Group Publishing/BMI)
- Brad Davis’ ‘I Need Music’ (Bluegrass Version) album contained 5 co-writes with John Mathis Jr. (Avid Group Publishing/BMI). (2017)
- ‘Music In My Heart’ released July 7th, 2017 by Charley Pride. The album contains two Country Johnny Mathis (Avid Group Publishing/BMI) songs, “Make Me One More Memory” and the title cut “Music In My Heart”.
- Singing News Bluegrass Gospel Top 10 chart song, “When The Mountain Can’t Be Moved” – Tonja Rose
- “God Still Delivers” (Marty Funderburk, John Mathis Jr, – Christian Taylor Music/BMI, Avid Group Publishing/BMI) on the ‘Mercy & Love’ album by The Collingsworth Family release Sept, 2018. (Top 20 iTunes charting album) *’Mercy & Love’ received a 2019 Dove Nomination and the Singing News 2019 Fan Award for Album of The Year.
- “Where Would I Be” (Toni Jolene Clay, John Mathis Jr. – Yours For A Song/BMI, Avid Group Publishing/BMI) released on the Sherry Anne LIVE! DVD scores a Top 5 on the Billboard Music Video sales chart November 2018.
- New worship song releases in November 2018 and January 2019, “Bring It All” and “Forever You Are God”.
- New worship song release September 2019, “You’re Still Father”.
- New Spanish language release October 28, 2019, “Menos de Mi, Mas de Ti”, by Elizabeth Vera.
- New radio release by The Ark Encounter’s resident artist, Steve Hess & Southern Salvation, “Three Beating Hearts”.
- Diamond Award – Gospel Music Today Video of The Year: “When The Mountain Can’t Be Moved” – Tonja Rose
- ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis song, “I Don’t Know When That Will Be” licensed and placed in the movie, ‘The Shed’. Released Nov 15, 2019.
- ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis song, “My Heart Is On The Paper” licensed and placed in Season 3, EP 10 of ‘Young Sheldon’ on CBS. (Airdate: 12/12/2019)
- “Three Beating Hearts” and “Turkey Buzzard” hit multiple Christian Music charts in the fall of 2019 and spring of 2020.
- ‘Country’ Johnny Mathis song placed in Monsterland series on Hulu, episode 101. “All I Need Is You”. (Airdate to be announced in 2020)
music publishing, southern gospel music publisher, music placement, creative services, music publisher, country music publisher